River/Air/etc.. rooms

From: Mathue Moyer (mmoyer@sdcc10.UCSD.EDU)
Date: 03/29/94

I spent some time as an assisstant imp (and other immortal levels)
on a Silly-derived mud, and must agree that river, underwater, and
air sector flags are pretty handy.  The one I was on also added a
room flag FALL_ROOM that you could set in any room with an open
exit down, and anybody without 'fly' in effect goes down through as
many fall rooms as there are between them and ground, and then hit
the ground with a vengeance.  One thing that I always wished for,
though, but could never figure out a good way to code, was to get
rid of fall rooms and rivers, and create some generic effect of that
type with customizable message, movement rate, damage application,
and the ability to specify for each room what flags on a pc/mob keep
the motion from affecting them.  Perhaps this would be best
implemented as a frequently-used spec_proc.... or maybe it can be
made a part of room structure.  I honestly don't know....  hopefully
some of you with more experience than I have a suggestion?

--
-Mathue Moyer
-mathue@ucsd.edu