Re: This is a test and a request.

jelson@blaze.cs.jhu.edu
Date: 03/31/94

> First off I am testing to see if I am doing this correctly. This is
> the first time I have tried. The other thing I wanted was, I heard
> there was a fix for the junk Xnumber coins bug that would give the
> player that ammount of coins if they didn't have that much. If there
> is a fix and someone could send it to me I would be very thankful.
> Jeff
> smithjp@nextwork.rose-hulman.edu

Here they are (someone add this to the FAQ, if it exists!)

These are fixes for the two main bugs I know of in Circle 2.20, the
junk xcoins bug and the vstat bug.

Around line 480 of act.obj1.c, you will find the code:

      if (!str_cmp("coins", arg) || !str_cmp("coin", arg))
         perform_drop_gold(ch, amount, mode, RDR);
      else {
	 /* code to drop multiple items.  anyone want to write it? -je */
	 send_to_char("Sorry, you can't do that (yet)...\n\r", ch);
-->      return;
      }
   } else {

It should be changed to:

      if (!str_cmp("coins", arg) || !str_cmp("coin", arg))
         perform_drop_gold(ch, amount, mode, RDR);
      else {
	 /* code to drop multiple items.  anyone want to write it? -je */
	 send_to_char("Sorry, you can't do that (yet)...\n\r", ch);
      }
-->   return;
   } else {

The only difference is the placement of the 'return' statement.

Also, the fix for the vstat bug:

In the file act.wizard.c, in the function do_vstat, in the mobile section
of the switch (around line 1150), you'll find the code:

       mob = read_mobile(r_num, REAL);
       do_stat_character(ch, mob);
       extract_char(mob);

Add the line char_to_room(mob, 0) before extract_char(), like this:

       mob = read_mobile(r_num, REAL);
       do_stat_character(ch, mob);
       char_to_room(mob, 0);
       extract_char(mob);