this is a slight annoyance. (fwd)

From: Eric Pilcher (rasta@CSOS.ORST.EDU)
Date: 04/06/94

> this is a slight annoyance to people on the mud mailing list.
>
> IF i, (or probably anyone else) post, please dont reply to me and send
> to the mailing list.  The fact that my post got on there means that ill get
> the mailing list post.  Im getting 2 posts for everyone, and its SERIOUSLY
> hampering my disk space...there seems no reason to do this...and im sure some
> other people dont enjoy getting 4 or 5 messages 2 times a day...

Okay, maybe a few of you have noticed the (fwd) at the end of the subject
line whenever I respond to a post.

When dealing with mailing lists, I recommend using the forward command on elm
instead of the reply command.  Then you simply type 'y' to edit outgoing
message and the address of this list to 'send forwarded copy to'.

Makes for a much cleaner post without all those extra carbon copies and no
one gets the same message 2 or 3 times.

-Eric