Re: Some ideas...

From: VampLestat (vamp@csulb.edu)
Date: 04/07/94

On Fri, 8 Apr 1994 medin@lysator.liu.se wrote:

> o Exits added to the brief description in a room. Can look like
>   this: Southern Gate <n,e,s,w,d>
>   I just added this as a flag PRF_SHOWEXITS, and you can toggle
>   it with the SHOWEXITS command.

Sounds good, though I'd put it after the long description, but before
room contents.

> o Mobs looting and stealing gold from corpses. I am a bit unsure
>   here, whether I should let them carry as much as their max
>   carry, or let them loot everything, regardless of its weight.
>   The first would be more realistic, but on the other hand it
>   would be quite fun with some highlevel mob carrying lots and
>   lots of gear. (MOB_RIP_GOLD)

I'd stick with the realism.  Might also check that the same mobs are not
scavangers, or if so, only scavange up to 1/2 thier max carry.  Otherwise
people will "load up" the mobs before getting into big battles with
corpse looters.  Also have to prevent players from giving these mobs
items as well and filling em up.

> o Mobs sacrificing corpses. Yes, this IS very mean, but I wouldn't
>   set MOB_SAC_CORPSE on every mob in the game.. :) I just figured
>   it'd be a cool addition to have on a few monsters. (very few.)

Never liked sacraficing corpses much.  Didnt seem very realistic.

> o Cleric type mobs being able to identify stuff, and decide what
>   to use when they loot corpses. I need to figure out how to
>   compare armours and weapons in an 'intelligent' way, so if
>   anyone can suggest some neat formula, I'd be very happy.

At Fajita Diku, they just made Identify a high level cleric spell.  I
dont think Clerics should be able to ID stuff, unless you think of em as
Bishops ala Wizardry.  I think leaving items more difficult to ID makes
the game a bit more exciting.

> o Mobs donating stuff to a 'mob donation room'. This would be
>   a VERY heavily guarded room, where people would have to beat
>   a few very high levelled monsters to get in. And once you
>   get in, you cannot be too sure if there actually IS anything
>   in there worth fighting for. Maybe I would let this donation
>   room be used by mobs all over the world, or just in a certain
>   area.

I dont think this would cause players to really want to get to that room
since very few really cool things would ever have a chance of getting
"donated" and the ones that could actually get in would have no use for
most anything in there.

_O_ Ryan L. Watkins                   e-mail: vamp@csulb.edu