Re: Circle 3.0 SPELL LIST -- Please Read (fwd)

From: Eric Pilcher (rasta@CSOS.ORST.EDU)
Date: 04/10/94

>>> Decompose: Cause a corpse to decompose
>>
>>This might make a better cleric spell.  2th level cleric spell?
>
> What good is this spell?

<> You kill the cityguard.  The cityguard is Dead. R.I.P ect.
The janitor picks up the Corpse of the Cityguard.
<> You kill the janitor.  The janitor is Dead. R.I.P ect.
<> get corpse corpse
corpse: you can't carry that much weight.

(okay, there's one example)

>>>           (24) Summon Undead       (24) Negate Sanctuary
>>>           (24)                     (24)
>>
>>I think Summon Undead is more of a Cleric Spell, maybe remove Negate Sanct
>>and give it to clerics as well?
>
> I disagree.  Summon Undead is something a Necromancer would use.  It is a
> magical charm, and not called upon the deities for.  Kind of idiotic for a
> cleric to have 'Turn Undead' and 'Summon Undead'... do they want them
> around or not?

Depends entirely on the alignment of the cleric.  Turning undead is a holy
act whereas animating undead is an act of evil.

Which brings me to a MAJOR question:  Jeremy, are you making any improvements
on the alignment code?  As it stands, players can very easily toggle their
alignment back and forth.  Too easily in my oppinion.

-Eric