RE: Unix Editors

From: VampLestat (vamp@csulb.edu)
Date: 06/08/94

On Wed, 8 Jun 1994, Alexander J Skrabut wrote:
> From: Rob_Simons@mindlink.bc.ca (Rob Simons)
> > nobody@cyberspace.org writes:

> > >    What is a good editor (unix) to use?
> > If you have some time to invest in learning an editor, I'd suggest EMACS,
> > it's very big, but you can do pretty much anything with it - has lots of
> > nice built-in features for C as well.
> Bah. EMACS == Eight Megs And Constantly Swapping. It's not worth it. try a
> nice small, complete editor like Pico 2.x..

Great, just what we need on this list.  The never ending religious war of
the editors.  I'd just suggest picking on that you like and learning it
VERY well.  Emacs, vi, whatever, just learn it backwards, forwards and
inside out.

_O_ Ryan L. Watkins                   e-mail: vamp@csulb.edu
 |  Academic Computing Services       url   : http://www.acs.csulb.edu/~vamp/
 |  CSU Long Beach - Network Support  pgpkey: finger vamp@gothic.acs.csulb.edu
    Darkside Consulting   -   Unix  /  Windows  /  Mac  /  Internet  /  Design