Areas question (fwd)

From: Eric Pilcher (rasta@CSOS.ORST.EDU)
Date: 06/22/94

> I'm coding a shitload of areas (ok, I lie, a handfull =) to save time
> while we all wait for Circle 3.0... I'm using Vamp's Circle3.0 defs for
> dikued.. now.. will we have to make any changes to the wld/mob/obj/zon
> files (besides renaming them to zone#.whatever) so that Circle 3.0 will
> read them?

Shouldn't.  Part of the reason why Jeremy pre-released v3.0 structs.h
(which Vamp's Circle3.0 defs are based upon) was to allow builders to
begin creating areas for v3.0.

> Also.. why are the mob initial positions set, by default, DO_NOT_USE? I
> remember bumpkins in the shire as POS_SLEEPING.. they were fun to kill..
> can't do that in Circle? Or am I missing something?

Missing something.  In the last line of each mobile record you have fields
for <POSITION> <DEFAULT_POSITION> and <SEX>.  Just set the first position
to whatever you want them to load as, the second as how they should return
after combat.

If you've misplaced the data:
4	Sleeping
5	Resting
6	Sitting
8	Standing
(0 - 3 and 7 are used internally for fighting and various states of
incapacitation)

> Hmm, any more questions while I'm at it.. Oh, ok, here's one more
> question: Will the "new and improved" docs have lots of nice instructions
> on how to properly add shopkeepers and spec_proc for mobs? I know the
> spec_proc changed, but not how..

Best file I've seen on shopkeepers is the C.A.W. builders handbook.
I know it's in the /pub/caw directory, but I forget the ftp site.

As far as assigning new spec_procs.  Well, if you are assigning existing
procs on more mobs, all you do is update spec_assign.c to include the
new mobs.  If you are rewriting brand new spec_procs, well, I hope you
know something about programming and C.  *grin*  Or you can do like me,
code by example and wing it.  *wink*

-Eric