Player file corruption

From: Steppin' Razor (grruffin@midway.uchicago.edu)
Date: 06/29/94

Ack! Never had this one happen before..... I was doing what
I thought was pretty standard word, adding an integer
to the character information, in more or less the same way I had done
with races, just adding declarations in structs.h...
After compiling and starting the MUD, the player files were corrupted.
Is there a direct cause and effect between these two event, and if so
is there anything I can do to get my player file back?
When I try to log on as my imp, it just makes me recreate the
character EVERY time... ideas for somebody in too deep?
Nino