Re: Circle 3.0: call for beta-testers

From: Brett M. Turner (brett@marble.bu.edu)
Date: 06/30/94

On Thu, 30 Jun 1994, Jeremy Elson wrote:

> If you'd like to be a betatester, please jot down answers to the following
> questions and mail it to me at jelson@blaze.cs.jhu.edu, with a subject
> line of exactly: "3.0 Beta-Tester".

5 Worlds will be going down for 3 weeks for a schedueled conversion
tonight at 12:00am

We would have 35 captive beta testers at a time.  It will give them and
me something to do!

I am system admin at marble.bu.edu and student at University of Illinois.

> 2) What type of hardware, operating system, and network connection (if any)
>    are you planning on using?

I can test two platforms.. SUNOS and Apollo Domain OS.  The sun is a t3
and the apollo is a t2 I believe.

> 3) Briefly describe your programming, MUD playing, and MUD administration
>    skills and experience.

I have experience with MERC and I have also worked with Circle, LP
(Amylaar), and Gama Dikucode.

> 4) Do you have a player base available to you?  In other words, if you
>    put a beta copy up, will you have people around to play it?  Will
>    YOU have time to devote to it? :)

I will have, and we can talk about how long you want to test.  I can test
on the Apollo from now until the cows come home.  The machine is idle.
The test run on the Sun platform can run 3-4 weeks.  I can also provide
accounts for you so you can tinker with the port as it runs... only if
you wish it. I know you and what you are about.

I also will not be making many changes to the code in the test.  I really
am not looking to 'port' it to my needs.  I think I am too deep into 2.20
to change.. but I do have a 3200 player base to test on the thing.. Those
folks are gonna be bored the next 3 weeks.

     Brett M. Turner                                   brett@marble.bu.edu
                  Yaz  -- Five Worlds -- marble.bu.edu 7777