Re: Exp gain

From: VampLestat (vamp@csulb.edu)
Date: 07/19/94

On Mon, 18 Jul 1994, Mathue Moyer wrote:

> One fairly common approach that, at least in my opinion, works rather well is
> to change how exp is split for a group kill.  Add up the levels of all the
> groups members (in the room), and divide the exp to be gained by the total.
> Then each person receives a portion of the exp proportional to their level.

The only problem with this is when people mortally wound something, or
bring it down to VERY low XP, and then leave the room for the other
character to finish off.  Used to do this with ancient trees all the time.

There should also be a hard xp gain cap based on level.

_O_ Ryan L. Watkins                   e-mail: vamp@csulb.edu
 |  Academic Computing Services       url   : http://www.acs.csulb.edu/~vamp/
 |  CSU Long Beach - Network Support  pgpkey: finger vamp@gothic.acs.csulb.edu
    Darkside Consulting   -   Unix  /  Windows  /  Mac  /  Internet  /  Design