RE:mass assigning of spec_procs

From: Jaime Moraga (jim@moai.usach.cl)
Date: 08/01/94

> > I'm looking into the various possible ways of mass assigning special routines
> > to certain rooms, such as: every room in a specific zone, every room within a
> > specific range of vnums, or every room in a certain area type, etc. I realize
> > that (at least with the 1st two options) it's possible to simply go through
> > every number and at it to the list in spec_assign, but assuming I wanted to
> > do this many times over, it would become quite a hassle. I'd be interested to
> > hear input on what the best way to approach a coding modification to allow
> > mass assignments of these routines would be.
>
> Probably the best thing to do would be to define either a ROOM FLAG or
> a SECTOR TYPE which performs the function you have in mind.  Then all you
> need to do is edit your tinyworld.wld file and add the given flag/change
> the sector type on the rooms you want.  The same would apply for objects
> or mobiles in which you'd have a large ammount all running the same
> procedure.

I think that would fit fairly good on assigning one or two special-procs, but
not on many speciapl-procs. (too many flags...)

I'm toying with the idea of declaring it in  the .zon files, and assign a list
of SPEC-PROCS to the room data base....

  any remarks????

> -Eric

 (Good question anyway... I'll think of it a little bit)

   always willingly to be flamed...

                 Jim.