Re: Skills and so!!

From: VampLestat (vamp@csulb.edu)
Date: 08/05/94

On Thu, 4 Aug 1994, Ake Jonsson wrote:

> Now is my question: 	Is there anyone out there sitting on some kind of
> 			"step by step" guidlines for adding the extra
> 			skills, spells...... and so on?

I'm not trying to sounds eliteist, but you really should learn to code
first before trying to implement a mud.  While many people have certainly
learned how to program because of their desire to implement a mud, its
rather disconcerting seeing people just asking for a simple "step by
step - how to add a new skill".  Next thing its gonna be the "Big Dummies
Guide to Implementing your own DIKU?"

Pick up a good book on C and start reading and writing code.  Delve into
the mud code yourself and tweak things, play with it, recompile, watch it
crash horribly and then try again, but please dont ask people to do it all
for you, or give you the simple 7 step guide.

_O_ Ryan L. Watkins                   e-mail: vamp@csulb.edu
 |  Academic Computing Services       url   : http://www.acs.csulb.edu/~vamp/
 |  CSU Long Beach - Network Support  pgpkey: finger vamp@gothic.acs.csulb.edu
    Darkside Consulting   -   Unix  /  Windows  /  Mac  /  Internet  /  Design