bogus players file

From: Carter T. Shock (ctso@umiacs.UMD.EDU)
Date: 08/08/94

HELP!!!!
<ahem>

Seems I broke the cardinal rule and screwed with the players file
(in ~/lib/misc) while the mud was up. Since then, none of the
new players have been added to the file.
Strangely enough, when I log in as IMP and do a 'stat file <player>'
for a player added since I played with things, the command succeeds.
This would tend to indicate that the correct info is being written to some
file somewhere. Only problem is I can't find it.

I'm terrified to restart the mud for fear that it will revert to the
normal players file that is now out of date. Any clues as to how I can
save things?
	-Todd