Best OS for Circle 3.0?

From: Harold Marks (samadams@bach.udel.edu)
Date: 08/13/94

I am in the process of making some decisions regarding setting up a MUD
based on 3.0.  I have a 486DX2/50.  I have linux alraedy installed w/ 4
Megs of Ram.  Apparently there is something with my SIMMs that will not
run linux.  I can try and run FreeBSD with my 8 Megs of total RAM.  Now
which would run faster Linux with 4 or FreeBSD with 8?  And would the
increse in speed be worth using FreeBSD(I have not seen the user
friendly-ness of FreeBSD).  And does Circle 3.0 run on FreeBSD?  Also I
have a 14.4k modem rihgt now and was planning on hooking into the net
through PPP, would this link be too slow to run a mud off of?  And if I
bouhgt a 28.8 would that be fast enough?

I would appreciate any advice or suggestions yall have....

thanks in advance