Re: Jeremy, how do you feel? (fwd)

From: Doc (doc@marble.bu.edu)
Date: 08/24/94

> On Thu, 25 Aug 1994, Doc wrote:
>
> > software availible. ** Why should you (or anyone else, for that matter)
> > derive any profit from it? ** They certainly havn't, as far as I can tell.
>
> Hello did you read my letter?  I am not making a penny.  AND I would be
> MORE than happy not to run it on this site, but IT IS MY ONLY OFFER.
> Sites don't exactly grow on trees.

I realize that YOU are not making any money off of this venture.  However, the
.com provider certainly would, in the form of selling space "over the cap"
as it were.

That *is* why I said "you (or anyone else...)"; it didn't mean to imply that
you personally were making money on the deal.

> *Sigh, you caught me at a bad time...this is the third site fall through
> in less than a week*

I know how you feel.  I have been in that situation myself.  Maybe Brett has
the best idea:  Simply institute a cap of 20 and don't let ANYONE in over
the cap.  Unless of course the cap-sales were part of the deal, in which case
you cannot run a diku-derived mud there.

Good luck!

+doc