Re: banning sites/accts

From: Mr. Wizard (jsbarrow@fas.harvard.edu)
Date: 08/31/94

On Wed, 31 Aug 1994, Vampyr wrote:

> If you are wishing to ban just ONE person, then change the password on his
> char.  That way, if they straighten up, they don't lose anything.  If they
> don't.  ERASE!  soon, (after enough chars erased) They will leave you alone.
> If they don't, use the SITE_OK flag on other characters from the site, and ban
> the site.
>
> (all of this is IMHO)
>
> Vampyr.

Basically that's what I do now, but I still feel it would be nice to get
userids.  Two simple reasons aside from convienance of ban.

1.  You can compile a mailing list to notify users of site changes,
announcements, changes, etc..

2.  When you have a _REAL_ problem, you can contact the system
administrator of the person's site and have a userid in hand to work with.

Obviously this isn't a major part of running a MUD, or a thing that would
be a high priority change.  However I still feel it would have its uses.

||  Joshua Sky Barrow  ||| Harvard University Faculty of Arts and Science ||
|| 19 Central St., #28 ||| "If you can imagine it, you can achieve it.    ||
|| Somerville, MA      |||  If you can dream it, you can become it."      ||
|| 02143-3832          |||                                   Unknown      ||
|| (617) 666-0859      ||| E-mail:  jsbarrow@fas.harvard.edu              ||