Re: Greetings

From: Mr. Wizard (jsbarrow@fas.harvard.edu)
Date: 08/30/94

On Tue, 30 Aug 1994, Michael Jones wrote:

> > This isn't something I harp on, because it is rare to have problems this
> > bad with users.  However I have a very low tolerance for sexual or racial
> > harrasment, and take extreme action in those types of cases.
>
> I've had a couple instances that required action, however, I didn't
> want to ban the site because I had a lot of active *good* users on
> the mud that I would have locked out with this one bad player.  Here
> userid would work great...however, I have many users that mud from
> PC's which you don't have to log into, so this wouldn't work in this
> case.  I guess you can't win them all :(

Well in the case where someone calls directly from a PC without a userid,
banning the site would only effect that person, and thus the original
problem doesn't apply.  So maybe you can win them all?  ;)

> Michael G. Jones                                      Miami University
> JonesMG1@MUOhio.EDU                                       Oxford, Ohio

||  Joshua Sky Barrow  ||| Harvard University Faculty of Arts and Science ||
|| 19 Central St., #28 ||| "If you can imagine it, you can achieve it.    ||
|| Somerville, MA      |||  If you can dream it, you can become it."      ||
|| 02143-3832          |||                                   Unknown      ||
|| (617) 666-0859      ||| E-mail:  jsbarrow@fas.harvard.edu              ||