Re: DikuEdit for Windows

From: Mr. Wizard (jsbarrow@husc.harvard.edu)
Date: 09/08/94

DikuEdit for Windows?  Is this anything like Dikued?  If so, and if it is
for Microsoft Windows, where/how do I get a copy (preferrably with the
source code included).

On Thu, 8 Sep 1994, Sean P. Mountcastle wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> 	Are the Barnyard Guys, Inc. out ther on this list?  I hope so,
> Here is my problem: Several people have e-mailed me about how to setup
> DikuEdit on their computers - I didn't even have acopy of the software,
> but I tried to help them anyway.  When, what I told them, didn't work,
> I DL'ed the program and attempted to install it myself - unfortunately,
> I cannot seem to get it installed either - can you plz tell me how to
> 'unzip' the main file.......
> 	Thanks for your help, Sean

Well I am assuming you are not working off DOS and asking how to unzip
something like a pkzipped file.

If you are working off UNIX, then you can do this:

Filename	Command to 'unzip'
--------	------------------
filename.Z	uncompress filename.Z
filename.gz	gunzip filename.gz
filename.tar	tar -xf filename.tar
filename.uue	uudecode filename.uue

Those are some of the basics (ie. the ones I know).

Hope it helps.

||  Joshua Sky Barrow  ||| Harvard University Faculty of Arts and Science ||
|| 19 Central St., #28 ||| "If you can imagine it, you can achieve it.    ||
|| Somerville, MA      |||  If you can dream it, you can become it."      ||
|| 02143-2834          |||                                   Unknown      ||
|| (617) 666-0859      ||| E-mail:  jsbarrow@fas.harvard.edu              ||