Re: Ok, next question. (fwd)

From: Robert A. Vegas (rovegas@cs.nmsu.edu)
Date: 09/08/94

On Thu, 8 Sep 1994, Mr. Wizard wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Sep 1994, Robert A. Vegas wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 8 Sep 1994, Jeff Teker Fink wrote:
> >
> > > are set to 0 (like a new character).  What you might want to do is stop the
> > > d->character->player.time.logon from getting set at load time, and make it
> > > set just at save time.  Since players get saved before they enter the game,
> > > their time should be set right by the time they get in.
> > >
> > > -Jeff
> > >
> > Why would you need to save a player at login? Nothing's been accomplished...
>
> Sure something has been accomplished.  The player has read the message of
> the day.  I believe the original message was tyring to figure out a way
> to display a daily message to a user only if they haven't seen it yet.

Uh, correct me if I'm wrong, but Jeff says that RIGHT NOW, the way the
code is at this MOMENT, it saves a player when entering AND when leaving
the game. Now, why would it do this? Sure the player has read the message
of the day but I think you missed my point. The point is, what is the
need for saving a player when you enter and leave a game? Leaving
sure...but entering?!?! There is NO code for whether the MOTD has been
read or not in there yet...