Re: Ok, next question. (fwd)

From: Robert A. Vegas (rovegas@cs.nmsu.edu)
Date: 09/08/94

On Thu, 8 Sep 1994, Mr. Wizard wrote:

> Alright.  I haven't looked to check, but it makes sense to me to save
> upon entry simply for the purpose of charging rent.  Things that change
> when you enter the game:
>
> 1.  You are charged for rent.
> 2.  The time left on the effect flags (spells and such) is updated.
> 3.  Your HP, MANA and MOVE may also be updated.
>
> Is that reason enough to save?  I would have to check to verify that all
> of this happens upon entry, but I am pretty sure it does.

*sigh* You can do all those things when you are saved when you're leaving
the game. Ok, not update but what needs to be updated when you logon? Unless
you wanna do something that compares the actual dates of when the person
left vs. when he logs back on then saving when you logon is just a waste
of time. He's already saved to disk. I just don't get it. And Jeff, err,
what did that have to do with saving when you logon? Perhaps someone who
knows the code inside-out should enlighten us eh? I just want to know,
why does it save when you logon (I'm talking about stock code here)? I'm
sorry but, is it just me or does someone else see my side?