Re: Circle for Amiga

From: Jonathan Wood (suisol@grfn.ORG)
Date: 09/14/94

On Wed, 14 Sep 1994, Robert A. Vegas wrote:

> You know, rather than download the entire source code for the Amiga
> Circle I was wondering if someone could tell me about it. What language
> is it in? Is it run from unix on the Amiga? What are the things you would
> need in order to run it successfully? Also, do you know if 3.0 will be
> ported over?

	I'll try to give ya what I know....

It is written in C (as is the original Circle code)

Runs from the AmigaDOS shell and does not need unix

I have found the following things to be the minimums for running the mud:
	OS 2.04, about 5 Meg of HD space if you want to develop, minimum
	of 3M RAM for running with the complete supplied world (about 1M
	for the minimized mode), if you want to develop you will also
	need a C compiler (I recommend SAS/C)

This port is VERY stable and comes with a telnet client (also a straight
Amiga executable) to access the mud. I cannot say for sure as I have not
mailed the port author in quite awhile, but I would guess that a port of
3.0 will be done. He is probably lurking somewhere on this list and will
be able to give you a better overview of it and maybe answer the 3.0
question.

jon