Re: Circle for Amiga

From: Robert (rovegas@cs.nmsu.edu)
Date: 09/14/94

On Thu, 15 Sep 1994, Jonathan Wood wrote:

> 	Nope...don't need AmiTCP or any other package, just an Amiga and
> the basics I listed before. Yes, I am running on right now on my Amiga,
> but I don't have the BBS installed currently. Since it's input and output,
> through the client, is standard it can be run from any BBS that allows
> a "DOS" door (DLG, CNET, and a few others). The play is exaclty like the
> INet version. The CPU usage is very minimal (except during rebooting, which
> is the norm), the mud process I have running right now in minimized mode is
> drawing 8-15% CPU with 1 connection on a stock A2000/68000cpu, full mode
> draw just a slight bit more, but doesn't cause any noticable system lag.
> The only limit you will have it the amount of free ram you have.
> I know this sounds suspicious, as most mud ports to the amiga have been
> EXTREMLY buggy and require other packages to run, but this sucker works
> right outta the box! Well worth the download time whether you want to run
> one on a BBS, test new code, or test new areas.
>
> Hope this helped some,
>
> jon

Wow, that sounds great except the way you put it, it sounds as though you
can't hook it to the Internet? Does this use phone lines or can you use a
SLIP or direct connection to the internet? I remember you saying it came
with a telnet client prog though. I might get it anyways just for testing
new code and stuff... :)