name completion code hack

From: Jonathan Wood (suisol@grfn.ORG)
Date: 09/18/94

	As promised in an ealier message here is a simple hack to allow
the use of incomplete names for objects, players, mobs, etc. The inspir-
ation for this came from The Realms of Dark Shadows (jericho.connected.com)
which also happens to be where I code (shameless plug, please ignore).

	The hack is quite simple to install and involves only less than
a line of code added to the handler.c file.

IN HANDLER.C IN THE FUNCTION ISNAME() CHANGE THE FOLLOWING CODE:

   for (; ; ) {
      for (curstr = str; ; curstr++, curname++) {
	 if (!*curstr && !isalpha(*curname))
	    return(1);

TO:

   for (; ; ) {
      for (curstr = str; ; curstr++, curname++) {
	 if (!*curstr && !isalpha(*curname) || is_abbrev(curstr, curname))
	    return(1);

	ok...pretty cheesy, I know....but hell....it works

more code on the way....I'd like to see what others are doing too.... :)

jon