bus errors with check

From: Steppin [MOF][DUMF] (grruffin@midway.uchicago.edu)
Date: 11/03/94

I was running check on a world file that ran through everything fine but gave
me a bus error at the end of the check. The game won't start whenever that
world file is attached, but there's no more specific error than that via check,
and I have NO idea what that is. The world file is much too long to go through
to search for random errors. Jeremy once suggested that I run dbx on it, but
I don't know anything about what that is or what it does. Could someone
enlighten me or be so kind as to suggest a more fruitful avenue?
Thanks,
Nino