perform_violence problems

From: Sean P. Mountcastle (mountcas@pluto.ee.cua.edu)
Date: 12/08/94

Hi,

	Last night in a coding frenzy, I added dbl, triple, and quad,
attacks as skills.  I called these via perform_violence.  But it seems
that every time a character who has any of these skills fights, the game
crashes and dumps a core :(  I've looked through the core and changed the
code, but now every crashes the game when they fight. :(

	The code in perform violence looks somehitng like this:
    after the original if (FIGHTING(ch) ......
                            stop(fighting(ch);
     		       else {
    	  		  hit(ch, FIGHTING(ch), TYPE_UNDEFINED);
                          if (MOB_FLAGGED...... (you get the idea)
	I added:

    if (FIGHTING(ch) == NULL || ch->in_room != FIGHTING(ch)->in_room)
         stop_fighting(ch);
    else {
        if (GET_SKILL(ch, SKILL_DBL_ATTACK) > 50)
           hit(ch, FIGHTING(ch), TYPE_UNDEFINED); }
    if (FIGHTING(ch) == NULL || ch->in_room != FIGHTING(ch)->in_room)
         stop_fighting(ch);
    else {
        if (GET_SKILL(ch, SKILL_TRI_ATTACK) > 70)
            hit(ch, FIGHTING(ch), TYPE_UNDEFINED);
        if (MOB_FLAGGED(ch, MOB_SPEC) && mob_index[GET_MOB_RNUM(ch)].func
!= NU$
           (mob_index[GET_MOB_RNUM(ch)].func) (ch, ch, 0, ""); }
    if (FIGHTING(ch) == NULL || ch->in_room != FIGHTING(ch)->in_room)
         stop_fighting(ch);
    else {
        if (GET_SKILL(ch, SKILL_QUAD_ATTACK) > 90)
           hit(ch, FIGHTING(ch), TYPE_UNDEFINED);

    }

	Now it should check to see if the MOB is still alive before it
tries to hit him again.....but with the code this way it keeps crashing.
Before the code was just a bunch of nested if else statements.
	I would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me what I am
doing wrong and how I can correct this problem. :)

	- Sean

P.S. Thanks for the help with the zone specific recall, but it still will
not give me a vnum, only an rnum, even when I specify world[rec_loc].number