Re: Statements with no effect

From: Skylar (skylar@acy.digex.net)
Date: 01/17/95

On Tue, 17 Jan 1995, Sean P. Mountcastle wrote:

> I'm having a bit of a problem, and I dont know why.....
>
> 	it seems that using the macro GET_RACE (which I modeled after
> GET_CLASS) doesn't like what I'm doing.  In one of my commands in
> act.offensive I have GET_RACE(vict) == RACE_VAMPIRE., but it tells me that
> this is a statement with no effect, I have also tried RACE_VAMPIRE =
> GET_RACE(vict).

I think you're using the wrong operator...

If you want to change the race of vict, you'll want to use the assignment
operator "=" like this:

GET_RACE(vict) = RACE_VAMPIRE;
               ^

         Note: Just one ='s

If you want to test/compare the race of vict it'll be something like this:

if (GET_RACE(vict) == RACE_VAMPIRE) {

-Sky