Re: Answered: CircleMUD -- is it alive??

From: DoDGeR (dodger@WPI.EDU)
Date: 02/21/95

/==/ and thus Michael J Cunningham writes:

cr> I am working on adding in a spell like armor called shield. I have added in
cr> code to magic.c spell_parser.c spells2.c and spells.h just like the armor
cr> spell. I have gotten the mud to compile and run, but when I try to cast the
cr> spell I get messages like Bylle Grylle Grop Gryf???  Players can practice
cr> the spell once they reach the desired level but I can't get them to cast
cr> it?? Any help you can offer would be appriciated. Oh by the way this is
cr> circle 2.2 code.

ok...did you check to spell_parser.c where the line:
if((((spl>0)&&(spl<=44)||(spl==54)))&&spell_info[spl].spell_pointer){

is?  the numbers are the spell number castable by players...
this hung me up for a while..

Harvard Law:
        Under the most rigorously controlled conditions of pressure,
        temperature, volume, humidity, and other variables, the
        organism will do as it damn well pleases.
DoDGeR@wpi.wpi.edu