CircleMUD 3.00 bpl7 released

From: Jeremy Elson (jelson@blaze.cs.jhu.edu)
Date: 03/09/95

Article 21724 of rec.games.mud.diku:
From: jelson@condor.cs.jhu.edu (Jeremy Elson)
Newsgroups: rec.games.mud.diku
Subject: CircleMUD 3.00 beta patchlevel 7 released
Date: 9 Mar 1995 10:56:45 -0500

Sorry to annoy you with yet another patchlevel, but I got some really good
feedback about the last patchlevel so I figure I'll push my luck and try
to get some more with this one.

They're in the normal places:

cambot.res.jhu.edu:/pub/CircleMUD

and

ftp.cs.jhu.edu:/pub/CircleMUD

This patchlevel has a bunch of bug fixes, a couple of new features, and a
lot of new documentation.  I've actually spent most of my CircleMUD time
trying to write and edit the documentation, though it's still far from being
complete.

In the "it's about &($@#$ time" department, I finally removed the stupid
"#99999"'s from all the world files.  They haven't been necessary ever since
the new 3.0 parser was written several months ago, but they've still lingered
in the files until now.

So, once again, I'd like to call on everyone interested in CircleMUD to give
this patchlevel a spin, and please report any bugs you find, no matter how
obscure or insignificant.  Sure, 3.0 is taking a long time to be officially
released and come out of beta, but the product will be 100% bug-free(*).

Best regards,

Jeremy

(*) If you believe that, I have a bridge in Baltimore to sell you, too.
--
Jeremy Elson  (jelson@jhu.edu)
http://www.cs.jhu.edu/other/jelson/home.html