Re: stupid newbie question

From: Kilkenny (gjerde@badlands.NoDak.edu)
Date: 03/10/95

On Fri, 10 Mar 1995, Melissa wrote:

>    So, how do I use a patch file in linux? Tried about every way I could
> think of, and most just lock me up. Guess I should have installed the
> manual pages, but then I wouldn't have enough room left for Circle!
>   Sidethought... typing 'diff' by itself responds with command not found.
> Is this a command from a package I didn't install? Sorry for this, only
> had Linux for 4 weeks now...

This should work:

patch <patch.pl6-pl7

I'm sure this command is in the d-disksets, which you should have.. :)

*  Ole Gjerde                                   | Computer Science major  *
*  aka Kilkenny             BrightstarMUD       |    at  North Dakota     *
*                                               |    State University     *
*  Email: Gjerde@Badlands.NoDak.Edu             |-------------------------*
*         Gjerde@Plains.NoDak.Edu               |   Proud user of Linux   *