autorun script problems..

From: Ja vel Bosdal (nivek@gate.net)
Date: 03/11/95

Strangest thing, it runs fine.. unless, I run it in the background.. then
it goes 'stopped (tty output)' and the mud doesnt go up, and the output
is not redirected..  Of course, I'm new these script files, so it might
be simple..

#!/bin/csh
# Unsafe Haven Startup Script under gdb

set port = 4309
set index = 1

if ( -e .killscript ) rm -f .killscript

while ( 1 )

	set logfile = ./logs/haven_log.$index
        date > $logfile

gdb -f bin/circle -x runit >>& $logfile

if ( -e .killscript ) then
	rm -f .killscript
	exit 0
endif
sleep 15

end

The contents of the runit file are as follows:

run
where
p *ch
p arg
quit

God against man, man against God, man against nature, God against man, man
against God, man against nature, nature against man, nature against God,
             God against nature...very funny religion!