Re: checking for emulation at connection

From: Jeff (jfink@gridpoint.async.vt.edu)
Date: 03/20/95

> I've been sitting here trying to sort out how to get a person's terminal
> emulation right when the connect... the attempts I've made all SEGV me :(..
> anyone have a good way to do this?

A common approach for detecting [the misnamed] ANSI graphic codes on
BBSes is to send the code requesting the XY position of the cursor
(ESC + '[6n').  This code then places six or seven characters into the
keyboard buffer (I think it's just the X coordinate ';' the Y coordinate
and then a trailing 'R', but it's been a while).  Then you can just check
the buffer to see if the string is there.

-Jeff