Re: Hurtloam

From: Melissa (madison@nevada.edu)
Date: 05/10/95

On Wed, 10 May 1995, DragonMUD [iii1.iii.net 4000] [199.232.40.10 4000 wrote:

> Has anyone on this list ever read 'The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant teh
> Unbeliever?
> Incase you haven't in that book they had something called hurtloam, it
> was dirt that had a healing power in it.
> I was wondering if there is anyway to say hide an obj till a player digs
> for it? and is there anyway I can make it so that the Hurtloam can't be
> used till it is rubbed on?
>
> Pleaz point me in the right direction.
>
> Thanx in advance
>
> 		- David 'Dave' Berthiaume of DragonMUD [iii1.iii.net 4000]
> data@iii1.iii.net                      | eagle@virek.worcester.com
> eagle@ec68.residence.gatech.edu        | david.berthiaume@swcbbs.com

   Many have impped this as a "bury/dig" or "hide/search" system. Never
seen their code, but I'd say making a HIDDEN flag would work. One of the
"look" functions, that shows objects would first check for that flag.
Same as INVIS, but see invis wouldn't show it. Then a search or dig
command would get a percent chance of removing the flag...
  I have impped this with a new door state, and it works well!