Re: Connecting after running in backgroud problems..

From: Anthony Spataro (ads@netcom.com)
Date: 05/14/95

There are two problems that I can thinkg of, here:

Circle is being suspended while SunOS waits for you to make it the
foreground process so it can show you the pending output.  Fix this by
#defining printf to do something besides printf (fprintf to /dev/null or
something), or by redirecting output to a file.

Your provider has set up their system so it won't let processes not
running with UID of 1 use bind().  I tried to run UberMUD  to test it, it
wouldn't work, I mailed support, and it magically started working--though
they never acknowledged my letter.

 _/\_
/ L  \
\_ C_/