Re: Eq-duping and same char on twice or more

From: Chris A. Epler (cepler@cisco-slip1.acc.Virginia.EDU)
Date: 05/23/95

On Tue, 23 May 1995, Thomas Hansen wrote:

> With Tintin you can create two sessions to connect to the same mud at once
> if you do so, and at the same time type, the same char name in the login
> screen of the mud, with both sessions. And you do the same thing when prompted
> for the password, you will get both chars at the same time, and this will
> enable some nasty eq-duping.

I just tested this on Circle patch 7 and it just tells me on one of the
sessions that my character is deleted when I try to enter the game.  Don't
have time to go looking at source right now but thought I'd report this.

[ Chris A. Epler <cepler@ucsee.eecs.berkeley.edu>                     ]
[ PGP key available, finger cepler@ucsee.eecs.berkeley.edu            ]
[ Key fingerprint: F1 B0 F4 53 33 7C B8 5D  95 6A 01 7F E3 F1 07 85   ]