one final note about 3.0 beta patchlevel 8

From: Jeremy Elson (jelson@blaze.cs.jhu.edu)
Date: 05/24/95

One final note..

When I re-released pl8, I only reissued the .tar files, not the patch files.
Now, I've had a couple people point this out, so I've diffed the old pl7
with the corrected pl8 and issued new patch files as well.

Finally, I've also done a diff of the entire hierarchy, not just the src
directory, if you want patches that automatically change the new world
files, documentation, etc.

The short version of the story: stay away from the patch files, they're
nothing but trouble. :)  Just FTP the complete archive to be safe.

Jeremy