Re: I crashed my whole school!!!

Hazard@Divinity
Date: 05/29/95

On Mon, 29 May 1995, Fishbone wrote:

> Yes!!!  I did it!!!  Fireball is my witness.  I crashed the entire school.
> I was composing a letter in pine and hit Alt-x rather than Ctrl-x to send
> it and it says "Are you sure you want to close the connection?"
> Of course i wasnt going to close the connection before i sent off my letter
> so i hit 'n' to go back.  Just as i push the 'n' key the whole building
> fades out and all power is gone.  Although i am very proud of this my
> crowning achievement of my college years, I'd like to know how to fix
> this bug so that it doesnt happen again when somethin important is goin on
> like for instance im gettin a refund from the school that hasnt been printed
> just yet.
>
> later
>
> Fishbone

	I'm absolutely certain that's a foolish coincidence...
	or quite possably a lie, but I won't get into the latter.

	See, unless you're sitting on like the power companies
	mainframe (if one exists), then it might be possible.  But,
	just pressing "n" on your computer can not shutdown the
	entire school :)  Stop being silly :)~

	Hazard@Divinity