Re: Mob name pointers

From: Ryan (ed209@iia2.org)
Date: 05/30/95

On Tue, 30 May 1995, Leeman Strout wrote:

> On Tue, 30 May 1995, Ryan wrote:
>
> > If this is what is actually happening, could someone point out where in
> > the code I could modify so when I alter one mob's name, all of them
> > will not.
>
> I'd suggest waiting unil J. Elson finishes OLC... you'd have o copy the
> mob into a new one and change it's name... only way it'd work, as far as
> I been able to tell.
>
> Leeman Strout
> stroutl@polaris.nova.edu

I see, just as I thought..  It would seem that the whole struct char_data
* mob is a pointer pointing to mob_proto[x].  If this is so, then why
when you change the integers, all of the mobs don't change if mob is a
pointer itself?.

I could easily create a new mob proto and add it to the list each time I
created a new online mob, however thats the easy and sloppy way out.  If
I'm not mistaken, Original Diku code does not use prototypes and point to
them, they have a totally new struct for each mob (don't mark me correct
on this though).

Hey JE, any suggestions?