Re: OLC...

From: Giao H Phan (gphan@sas.upenn.edu)
Date: 05/31/95

Anthony Spataro wrote:
> 1) Did you convert your world files to binary or keep using text.

text. much easier to see where yer OLC wint wrong, or fix it's errors :)

> 2) If you use text, were you able to find some clever way to avoid writing
>    the whole world file every time you want to save changes?

the whole world file? shrug. we save one file (or an entire zone) when we
save anything. ie: save mobs in zone 15    (or somethin like that)
it takes about 2-3 tenths of a second to write the buffer out to the
cache, so it's really a non-issue.

-d