re: Long item-list fix

From: Raymond J Nawara Jr. (dreck@rahul.net)
Date: 06/15/95

   From: "Trice@lol2" <dkoepke@global.california.com>

       Also, on this subject, you don't need to sacrafice the long
       descriptions, just adjust your code to allow for them.  My
       preliminary idea, lacking any real code (maybe pseudo), is to
       not just show `a', or `an', but:

[One instance of pseudo-code was left lying here.]

       Very preliminary, just an idea... what do you think?  Can those
       of you that are familar with and use CircleMUD code turn this idea
       into a reality?

Don't forget you'll also have to parse the long desc for verb tense,
and restrict them to more of the "an x is here." format, which is not
always the case in the sample areas, which is why I spoke eup in the
first place ;) My only point we that it's a non-trivial change,
thereby making the abhorrence of <some longdesc> [3] seem a bit
harsh. I'd already seen code that did this 4 years ago, so wasn't
disputing the possibility ;)

	Ray