Re: Code thats out there!

From: Giao H Phan (gphan@sas.upenn.edu)
Date: 06/16/95

JOACHIM PILEBORG wrote:
> > You can always use C-structure bitfields.  If I was writing Circle from
> > scratch today, I'd ditch the entire IS_SET() macros and use bitfields instead.
> > You can have as many bits as you want and you don't need to use macros to
> > access them.  i.e.:
> (text snipped)
> > Jeremy
> Maybe something for Circle 4.0 then... :)

yeah my first guess was they were using double longs, but soon realized
that was impossible. i'm familiar with structure bitfields, i think the
concept guru/pythe/fred was talkin about was the char array stuff...
shrug, then again, they're pretty dead as far as coding goes nowadays
anyway, heh ;)  i'm not sure using char arrays fer the storage is such a
great idea for a base-code. it seems a little too heavy for most new imps.
-dert