Re: item duping

From: Lincoln Chan (linc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: 06/22/95

Sorry, I just read my message by itself and it made no sense without
the original message I'm responding to, so I'll correct that now:

Wodan writes:

It's been bothering me for a while that players could dupe items if
only they find a way to crash the mud : they give equipment around and
save their characters while they have the equipment, and then crash the
mud. The most simple sollution : if a player types 'save' ALL the players
get saved. It's just two lousy lines of code to add. For those interested :

and my response was:

The most simple solution is also one that causes the most over all lag.

I see that you don't expect your player base to surpass over 40 at one
time...  I goddamn hope your disk access is FAST.