Re: set loadroom :(

From: Sammy (samedi@clark.net)
Date: 07/05/95

On Tue, 4 Jul 1995, Stefan Rensing wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> as was mentioned in a recent mail I tried to use set loadroom.
> I'm running 3.0bpl8. I tried set file <player> loadroom <room> on
> that leads NOT to PLR LOADRM being set. Which is obvious after I
> had a look in do_set. If I set file <player> loadroom <room> it says
> loadroom on PLR LOADRM is set, like it should. Bingo. However, the player
> does NOT enter at that room. Even worse, all my PH's and there contents
> being set with hcontrol are DELETED !!! That's really not funny. Before
> I search in the code by myself, perhaps someone has a hint ? Encountered
> the same problem before ?
> (I guess the thing that the player does not enter the loadroom must be
> a missing part of code, where the mort_start_room is set as default, but
> as to the hcontrol thing I have no idea :( )
>
> Regards, Stefan.

  I just checked out the code in act.wizard.c.  It actually works as
intended.  The problem is in the syntax.  The do_set function only takes
3 arguments, name, option, and val_arg.  When you try to set the home
room with:

set rasmussen loadroom 3054 on

It does set rasmussen's loadroom, but it ignores the "on" argument.  If
you then type:

set rasmussen loadroom on

Rasmussen will now enter the game in room 3054 (By the Temple).

Enjoy!

Sam :)