Re: FWD: Help with some crash bugs and coredumps

From: Ole Gjerde (gjerde@plains.nodak.edu)
Date: 07/06/95

On Thu, 6 Jul 1995, John Mountcastle wrote:
>         Unfortunately I have some problems and my MUD will NOT dump a core
> I have no idea why this is happening, is was dumping cores fine last week
> now it just stopped, I check diskspace, and write permissions, but they seem
> to be in order.  Anyways, I know whats causing the crashes, I just dont know

If you use bash type: ulimit -c unlimited
  and ulimit -a to see the settings
If you use tcsh type: limit coredump-size unlimited

You have to put them in your .profile/.login or whatever..

*  Ole Gjerde                                   | Computer Science major  *
*  aka Kilkenny                                 |    at  North Dakota     *
*                                               |    State University     *
*  Email: Gjerde@plains.NoDak.edu               |-------------------------*
*         Gjerde@winternet.com                  |   Proud user of Linux   *