Re: Question time...

From: Graham Gilmore (gilmore@gmgate.vircom.com)
Date: 07/10/95

On Sun, 9 Jul 1995, Mark Garringer wrote:

> It is that time again...
[snip]
> However, there are _many_ ways in circle to start combat. Take for
> example, the warrior skill of kick.
[snip]
> Now, if I kick a PC outside of that range it gives me the message but
> combat starts anyway.
>
> Help?
>
> --Ziz, NetShamen

	I would suggest putting the restriction in the procedure do_kick
of act.off.c .  Similarly, do_bash, etc....  Check out interpreter.c to
find all the appropriate subroutines corresponding to offensive actions
(ie cast , rescue(! yes, rescuing a mob from a low level PC is a dirty
trick... :) etc. )
	In do_kick for example, right at the point where it checks for
(ch == vict) you could insert the level check.

	Hope this helps,

	Graham Gilmore