Re: Access for coders

From: Carter T. Shock (ctso@umiacs.UMD.EDU)
Date: 07/18/95

>    and write for the owner (only). This happens at work, I would suggest
>    adding statements to the end of your autorun script to the effect of
>    'chmod g+w etc/players' and all other files..

Even easier. If you run under csh, just set UMASK in your .cshrc
to create files that are group writeable. I forget the exact setting,
but I think UMASK is a mask (as the name implies) so something like

setenv UMASK 0113 should create files with -rw-rw-r-- permissions.

	Todd
The Void @ rosebud.umiacs.umd.edu 4000