Re: aggressive mobs

From: Stefan Rensing (rensing@uhura.biologie.uni-freiburg.de)
Date: 07/19/95

Forwarded message:
Subject: Re: aggressive mobs
To: zizazat@rmii.com (Mark Garringer)
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 1995 10:39:00 +0200 (MET DST)

> > Shouldn't a mob flagged both aggr and aggr evil attack all players
> > regardless of alignment?  If you only want a mob to attack evil players
> > leave off the aggr flag and use only aggr evil.
>
> No, if they are just flagged aggr evil, they do nothing.
>
> If they are flagged aggr evil and aggr they will attack _mostly_ only
> evil players. But, as I found out, for some reason they are also
> attacking my good clerics with 1000 alignment too.

Well, I don't remember to have changed that bit of code and it works like that:
an AGGR mob will attack everything and an AGGR_ALIGN mob will attack chars
with that certain align IF:
- they have NOT set AGGR and
- they have DETECT_ALIGN set.
Dunno if that is still the case in original code but seems to be the right
way to me to do it, IMHO.

-Stefan.

--
Stefan A. Rensing             Institute of Biology II/III - Schaenzlestr. 1
The SysOp Biologist         D-79104 Germany, FON: +49 761 203-2676 / FAX: 2675