Re: Autoloot

From: Ron Poulton (ron@res.com)
Date: 07/24/95

> > Well, in order to add such a feature so the users can toggle it, you'd
> > have to add information to the user structure, thereby tampering with the
> > user files.
>
> There is no need to tamper with the userfiles. You could set the Autoloot-flag
> to a default value when entering the game. Then you only need to add the flag
> to the memory structure. It's not such a big deal to implement it, rather simple
> actually.

Oh heck, it's not tampering with the userfiles at all.  It's adding an
extra file for each user in addition to the current file which would hold
all extra information that's hardcoded in.

> (memory violation bug when a corpse is created with gold)

I've never had reports of any bug like this in pl8.  In fact, the only
bugs in the game were more of consistencies in the game that didn't apply
to how I wanted it to work, ie: grocers not accepting meat.

In fact, the only bugs I've had are core dumps when I've either replaced
the current version of CircleMUD with a new one (heh heh heh), or a piece
of new code of mine, because of a pointer error, caused some rather
interesting error messages.  Heh.  (Your bug details follow:)