Re: Autoloot

From: Sammy (samedi@clark.net)
Date: 07/25/95

On Mon, 24 Jul 1995, Jörgen Zigge Sigvardsson wrote:

> a BUS-signal and a message saying 'Memory aligment violation' or something like
> if you'd share some info with me..
>
> Ziggur @ BlueMage spock.cse.hks.se 4000 (currently on douglas.cse.hks.se 4000)

I've never seen this happen with C code, but in my past assembly days
you'd get a similar error if a variable or pointer was in an odd-numbered
memory location.  I would have though C compilers would automatically
assign even numbers to all locations, but that could be a bug in the
compiler (?).  If you've got any short variables (1 byte char's, short
int's, etc), try adding an identical short right after them.

I should quailfy the above by saying I'm no programmer, just a hacker who
manages to make code work by trial and error :)

Sam