Re: your mail

From: Ron Poulton (ron@res.com)
Date: 08/02/95

> I just set up CircleMUD 3.0 and have an admin question.  When I've logged in
> with my test character,  it has no equipment.  I've been on muds that when you
> log in for the first time, it says "You have been equipped by the Gods" or
> something to that nature.  How do you give eq to a new user, or set it up so
> that it automatically does it?

I'd look for the routines that load in a new character, and when they
start the game with no equipment I'll send a cute little string to them
("The Gods look upon you with hope and offer you equipment to begin your
adventures.") and then use an equipment-add routine (whichever that may
be; takes 5 minutes at most to track down, I suspect) to give them pieces
of equipment to start out with.