Re: on _zone_ editing

From: Julian Fong (fong@autsrv.iitsg.nrc.ca)
Date: 08/04/95

On Fri, 4 Aug 1995, David E. Berthiaume Jr. wrote:

> > Does anyone have any experience with an OLC that allows the editing of
> > zone files on the fly? I'm trying to implement one and I'm bandying
> > around several ideas.. the best thing I can think of is some sort of
> > "zone freeze" command. Basically you stop a zone from repopping and stop
> > every wandering mob from moving around. Then you walk around, load mobs
> > and objects, set doors etc etc, and then you do a "zone save"; this takes
> > a snapshot of the zone, and writes it to disk. This seems to me to be the
> > best way, but via this method there's no way of setting the max number of
> > objs/mobs you want to repop.
> try haveing it ask you 'How many do you want to load here?' hen you load
> them. :)

Blink.

Is it that easy? I guess, if I have a guard, I load two of them in
room 3001, two of them in 3002, and I want 6 in the game max, I just ask
when I load each guard, maybe store in some temp array?

Come to think of it, i get confused as to whether I'm supposed to specify
6 max guards every single time I load a guard, eg
M 0 <guard num> 6 3001
M 0 <guard num> 6 3001
M 0 <guard num> 6 3002
M 0 <guard num> 6 3002